Slideshow

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army




I want to make it known that I am part of the small population that liked the first Hellboy and I own it on DVD. I think that it gained popularity once it was released on DVD as it didn't do all that great in the theatres on its initial release. I think that it made a total of 26 million and this second movie made that in the first day.


With all that being said I wasn't disappointed at all with the second installment of the Hellboy series. The one negative thing that I will say is that I wasn't sure sometimes if I had entered Pan's Laberinth or if I was still watching Hellboy. This movie goes way out there in terms of creatures and the fantasy side of this comic book hero.

The Skinny:

Basically the story is that Long ago the humans and the elfish creatures waged war on each other and as they battled the tide was turning in the favor of the humans so the elfish King had a Golden Army built. This Army wiped out anyone who opposed the elfish King as he controlled them with the crown that he wore. As he saw the destruction they raged he realized that no one person should control this power so he stuck a treaty with the Humans and split the crown into 3 pieces. This enraged the Kings son and he went into hiding until the opportuity presented itself to reclaim the crown for himself.

After many years the prince comes back and starts collecting the pieces of the crown so that he can take over the world.

Hellboy is sent to stop him.

If you liked the first Hellboy movie you'll like this one too. It is full of really cool special effects and action scenes so if you like those kinds of movies you should get a real kick out of this one.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails