Slideshow

Friday, September 3, 2010

Watch out for A.A.A.D.D. It's worse then ADHD



Recently, I was diagnosed with
A.A.A.D.D. -

Age Activated
Attention Deficit Disorder.


This
is how it manifests:



I decide to water my
garden.


As I turn on the hose in the driveway,


I look over at
my car and decide it needs washing.


As
I start toward the garage,

I notice mail
on the porch table that
I brought up from
the mail box earlier.


I
decide to go through the mail before I wash the
car.


I
lay my car keys on the table,
put the junk mail
in the garbage can under the table,
and
notice that the can is full.


So,
I decide to put the bills back
on the table and
take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to
be near the mailbox
when I take out the
garbage anyway,
I
may as well pay the bills first.


I
take my check book off the table,
and
see that there is only one check left.

My
extra checks are in my desk in the study,

so I go inside the
house to my desk where
I find the cup of
coffee
I'd been drinking.


I'm
going to look for my checks,

but first I need to
push the coffee aside
so that I don't accidentally knock it
over.


The
coffee is getting cold,

and I decide to
put it in the microwave to reheat it.


As I head toward the kitchen with the
coffee,

a vase of
flowers on the counter
catches
my eye--they need water.


I
put the coffee on the counter and
discover my reading
glasses that
I've
been searching for all morning.


I
decide I better put them back on my desk,

but first I'm
going to water the flowers.


I
set the glasses back down on the counter,
fill a container
with water, and suddenly spot the TV remote.
Someone
left it on the kitchen table.


I
realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,
I'll be looking for
the remote,
but I won't
remember that it's on the kitchen table,
so I decide to put
it back in the den where it belongs,
but
first I'll
water the flowers.


I pour some water in the
flowers,

but
quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So,
I set the remote back on the table,
get
some towels and wipe up the spill.


Then,
I head down the hall trying to
remember
what I was planning to do.


At
the end of the day:

the car isn't washed,

the bills aren't
paid,

there is a
cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter,


the flowers don't have enough water,

there is still only 1
check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't
find my glasses,

and
, I don't remember what I did with
the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done
today,
I'm really baffled
because I know I was busy all day,
and
I'm really tired.


I
realize this is a serious problem,
and I'll try to get
some help for it,

but
first I'll check my e-mail....


Do
me a favor.

Forward this
message to everyone you know,

because I don't
remember who the
heck I've sent it
to. Also send it back to me, I don't

know if I've recived it yet.
Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet,
your day is coming!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails